Re: smb:// very slow

y9toi7y02 sneakemail com wrote:

If you look in your home directory, there should be a .smb directory
containing a smb.conf file. That file is probably empty. That file is the
one that is used instead of /etc/samba/smb.conf . If you copy
/etc/samba/smb.conf to that file, it'll work.

It's a libsmbclient limitation.

Martijn Vernooij

We've been having similar problems, specially with Windows networks where Nautilus sometimes fails to display anything at all. smbclient works just fine for us.

I've just checked and we don't have .smb directories at all, could there be another configuration problem? Any other hints?

Thanks.

--
Cristóvão Dalla Costa
cbraga fs inf br