Re: Connect to Server dialog

On Tue, 2004-07-13 at 12:21 -0500, Jerry Haltom wrote:
> May be slightly off topic, maybe not.
>
> I've always thought this dialog should be renamed. "Connect to Server" is
> not totally clear of the exact reason for connecting to a server. In fact,
> I might think that selecting HTTP from this dialog means to open it in my
> web browser. I think "Open Remote File", or "Browse Remote Files", or
> something along those lines. Something that clearly separates exactly what
> it is this dialog will be doing.

Good suggestions.  Wording like this was considered, but the use case
for this dialog suggested that this isn't for just browsing a
repository.  Instead this dialog is used to setup a file store on
another system.  New wording along that line would be nice ;-) For
simply browsing one would more likely click off a uri handler
(ftp://someserver.com/files/) and nautilus would browse that with the
key-ring manager handling password issues.

~ Bryan