Re: Undo: Still relevant?

W liście z czw, 22-07-2004, godz. 10:26, Olaf Frączyk pisze:

> > > delete->"Move to Trash"? so to undo that would be like MS's restore from
> > > trash command?

That isn't good substitute. Restore from trash is mostly relevant when
you no longer have open context in which offending operation was
performed. It should definitely be functionality available
independently.

> > I think so, or even an edit->undo last [move|delete|rename] option,
> > which would do basically the same thing.
> I think it is too much. If I do undo, I want to undo last action. It
> shouldn't be needed to specify what action. If I want to undo last 5
> steps I don't want to be forced to having to remember in what order the
> move/delete... were applied. I think that most users would be confused.
> Additionally, I suppose we will have 1 keyboard shortcut (Ctrl^Z).

No, not this way. Menu entry would be only one, the above was about name
of the entry changing depending on what is the action to be undone. It
is standard practice in fact, and helps greatly by explicitly stating
what is considered atomic "action" by application.

Cheers,
Maciej

--
"Tautologizm to coś tautologicznego"