Re: UI Mockup

Noooooo!

It's not spatial, and please, please don't do this to the browser mode.
I already am pissed with having to press ctrl+l in the open-save dialog
all of the time to open a directory. I mean why steal the text entry?
Stealing is a crime! We've got "back" and "forward" buttons to go to
folders you have been before and you want to go next, this
"mac-finder-bar" slows down navigation a lot.
I don't like the concept of spatial, and I ain't gonna fuzz it up, but
please don't make the browser mode unusable as well.

Wishes:

I was hoping for maybe a bookmark section in the sidepane, just like in
the file-chooser. Maybe some improvements on networking (there have been
quite a few! thanx!), a better text completion that makes the browser
only show the files and folders, which start with an "f", if I type an
"f" in the textentry (with a delay), hoping for spring opening folders
(patent?)... and last but not least, I was hoping for tabs, to browse my
files, just as I browse the web (see, that is why I don't like spatial
;)
In addition to that there might be some minor changes that would improve
thing: adding a checkbox for "show hidden files" to the view menu,
putting the "new window" back to the file menu (at least for browser
mode), maybe add a columned list view, like in explorer...

Please tell me you are not seriously considering ethans suggestion for
the browser mode.

*Hoping, hoping, hoping*

David

--
Otto von Bismarck once remarked: “A fool learns from his experience. A
wise person learns from the experience of others.” If so, how to define