Re: Nautilus is not listening to draw_background key changes

On Mon, 2004-06-07 at 18:10, Narayana Pattipati wrote:
> Hi,
>
> When I change value of the key /desktop/gnome/background/draw_background
> nautilus is not listening to the changes. Background is still drawn even
> if the key is changed to FALSE.
>
> Is this done intentionally in nautilus code ?
>
> However, if I disable nautilus from drawing desktop (by setting the key
> /apps/nautilus/preferences/show_desktop to FALSE), g-s-d is listening to
> the key changes and back ground is shown/not shown based on the value.
> Of course, I need to logout and login back (to restart g-s-d) every time
> to see the change.
>
> Should not nautilus listen to the key ? Is it a bug with nautilus ?

What do you expect nautilus to do when its not set? Nautilus puts a
window over the root window, so it has to draw something on it.

                   alexl redhat com    alla lysator liu se
He's an oversexed ninja vampire hunter who hangs with the wrong crowd. She's a
cosmopolitan cigar-chomping Valkyrie who believes she is the reincarnation of
an ancient Egyptian queen. They fight crime!