RE: Directory drill-down navigation

On Sun, 2004-02-29 at 16:50, joturner wrote:
> I believe it might also be useful for the new-window, when middle-clicking a
> folder icon, to appear under the mouse instead of following the spatial norm
> of appearing away from the already opened folder.  Since there is now no
> previous folder window, it needn't be concerned with overlapping.

That would break the spatial metaphor. The idea is that the folder is a
solid object, including its geometrical properties. Basically, a folder
always shows up where you last used it. This means that the UI is
self-learing when it comes to window positioning. It adapts to your
usage patterns.

If course, for previously unvisited folders we *could* do something
special (atm we just let metacity place it).

                   alexl redhat com    alla lysator liu se
He's an underprivileged guitar-strumming househusband with a mysterious
suitcase handcuffed to his arm. She's a brilliant tempestuous advertising
executive prone to fits of savage, blood-crazed rage. They fight crime!