Nautilus-CD-Burner whitelist

The changelog from a recent version of n-c-b makes
mention of a whitelist for cd burners.

<snippet>

2003-09-04  Bastien Nocera  <hadess hadess net>
* cd-drive.c: (add_whitelist),
(add_linux_cd_recorder),
        (add_linux_cd_drive), (linux_scan): updated
from libbacon, adds a whitelist for misbehaving CD
recorders

</snippet>

Where is this whitelist kept, and what should it look
like?

The issue I am having is a USB cd burner that remains
un-recognized by n-c-b, but is used all the time with
cdrecord.

I understand that n-c-b reads the
/proc/sys/dev/cdrom/info file to get a list of
available recorders. For me, that file is giving the
wrong information, it lists the burner as incapable of
writing. So I need to somehow override it to get
Nautilus Burn to work.