Re: On the making of shortcuts

V Út 23. 03. 2004 v 02:37 +0100 píše Peter Lundqvist:

> On Mon, 22 Mar 2004, Alexander Larsson wrote:
> > You can however, shift-ctrl drag to create a link, or alt-drag and
> > select link from the menu you get on drop.
>
> Ouch.
> Not very obvious.

It may be obvious to you personally. It's been however clearly defined
in the Gnome HIG (table 10.1).

http://developer.gnome.org/projects/gup/hig/1.0/userinput.html#drag-drop

On other platforms it's not marginally different. MacOSX's Finder uses
its two key modifier combo for links (option+alt). I believe windows'
explorer uses right mousebutton drag to bring up the context menu or
alt+drag to create links.

cheers

--
Jakub Steiner <jimmac ximian com>