Re: Problem with spaces in filenames

On Fri, 2004-05-14 at 12:04, Heinrich Rebehn wrote:
> Hi list,
>
> i am not sure if this is a problem with nautilus or with GNOME.
> I created a Launcher in my panel with
>
> 	gimp "%f"
>
> as command line. When i drag an image file from a nautilus window onto
> this launcher, gimp opens the image. However, if the file filename
> contains spaces, like "picture a.jpg", the launcher is passed
> "picture%20a.jpg" which, of course, gimp cannot open.
>
> How do i get this working? (Gnome 2.4)
>
> Thanks for your help,

I've tested this on Nautilus-2.6 and it works perfectly. Now, maybe this
is a bug in Nautilus-2.4. Maybe you could try using gimp %f instead of
gimp "%f" ?

Anyway, I think it is smarter to use gimp-remote -n %f as it will avoid
re-launching GIMP if it is already running.

--
Julien Olivier <julo altern org>