Re: Ctrl+F

Qua, 2004-10-27 às 09:31 +0200, Alexander Larsson escreveu:
> On Tue, 2004-10-26 at 18:28 +0200, Danny Milosavljevic wrote:
> > Hi,

> > > We do typeahead without it. Maybe that conflicts somehow.
> >
> > Need to use gtk_tree_view_set_search_column for the (model) column Ctrl
> > +F is supposed to search in.
> >
> > In file "fm-list-view.c",
> > function:
> >   static void fm_list_view_instance_init (FMListView *list_view)
> > add:
> >   gtk_tree_view_set_search_column (GTK_TREE_VIEW (list_view),
> > list_view->details->file_name_column_num);
> >
> > at the end of the function.
>
> Do we want this though? We already support real typeahead.

  Well, nautilus' "real" typeahead is not very smart.  It only searches
for substring from the beginning.  GtkTreeView's typeahead (actually
"search") searches for the substring in any position, not just the
beginning.  Plus, you can press Up/Down arrows to go to next/previous
match.  Plus, you actually see what you're typing, and there is no magic
timeout that doesn't give you any hint when it expires.

  I really miss Ctrl-S to activate GtkTreeView's search popup; it is
much more friendly and effective than nautilus' typeahead.  Sometimes I
even have to use Ctrl-S in current nautilus to Select Pattern, then
scroll down to see which rows are selected.  Currently that's the only
way to find a file when you only know a word in the middle.

  Best regards.

--
Gustavo J. A. M. Carneiro
The universe is always one step beyond logic.