Re: Usability problem, and solution proposal

On Thu, 2004-09-30 at 22:20, Christian Schneider wrote:

> Spatial means the position and size of the windows remains the same for
> any folder till you change it. Moving it to the front or back of the
> window stack should be no big problem. But I would suggest to let
> windows go to the back and front only by clicks not by simply moving the
> mouse.

With that comment in mind, I guess it might be fun to experiment with a
"sticky drag" mode-- most touchpad drivers (on Windows at least) give
you this option.

You start the drag in the usual way, then you can release the mouse
button, manipulate your windows how you like (only with the keyboard,
but Alt-Tab is usually all you need), and click again to drop.  Would
probably have some accessibility benefits too; a sticky drag requires
somewhat less motor control than a conventional drag.

Cheeri,
Calum.

mailto:calum benson sun com            Java Desktop System Group