Re: Usability problem, and solution proposal

Dnia 01-10-2004, pią o godzinie 09:55 -0300, Adriano Del Vigna de
Almeida napisał:
> If we allow the user to press the ALT+TAB keys combination to switch
> between the windows while in the drag-n-drop operation?
>
> Steps:
>
> 1.) Drag an icon or icon selection;
> 2.) Press ALT+TAB as many times as necessary to find the destination
> Window
> 3.) Move the drag to the newly focused window.
>
> It seems simple, since the ALT+TAB combination is already a common
> method to alternate between windows. It can be boring, of course, if
> there are plenty of windows opened.

FWIW, that was possible in older GNOME, changed with newer Metacity (?)
somewhere in 2.4 -> 2.6 timeframe, IIRC. Would be good to regain that
ability, it was particularly useful for rearrangin draggable tabs (f.e.
in Galeon), I miss it. Should file a bug probably :)

Cheers,
Maciej

--
"Tautologizm to coś tautologicznego"