Re: newbie: getting nautilus to compile and run

On Sat, 2 Oct 2004 22:05:27 -0500, peakeyed <peakeyed gmail com> wrote:
> Could somebody help me get to compile and run nautilus.  autogen.sh
> gave the following errors.  How do I get this to work with eel-2.8.0
> without updating the system eel  version 2.6.2? I'm new to the whole
> make concept. Thanks.
> libstartup-notification-1.0) not met; consider adjusting the
> PKG_CONFIG_PATH environment variable if your libraries are in a
> nonstandard prefix so pkg-config can find them.

To compile softwares you need in general the headers of its
dependencies, So I advice you to install all the packages -dev (or
-devel, depends on the distribution) to be able to compile nautilus.
There is commonly a meta devel packages for all the gnome desktop.

--
Baptiste Mille-Mathias