Copy and Paste (Was: Re: patch for bug 134420)

On Wed, 2004-10-06 at 15:46 +0200, Danny Milosavljevic wrote:
> Using Cut&Paste for files is weird in any way. It would require
> something like the trash mechanism just in another place (.clipboard).
> If one cuts a file, it gets 'trashed' into some .clipboard, and that
> would make it even more weird. Sigh.

I really don't think that C&P makes a lot of sense with files (objects)
in the long run. If we'd have some kind of shelf, then we could get the
same (accessable) functionality with "Copy/Move to Shelf/Folder" context
menu entries and it would even be one entry less.

--
Daniel Borgmann <spark mayl de>