Re: Come fix bugs! (Batteries included)

On Mon, 2004-10-11 at 09:01 -0400, Michael Henson wrote:
> On Wed, 2004-10-06 at 15:48 +0200, Alexander Larsson wrote:
>

> > * file -> new window
> > During the move to spatial mode we lost this feature. It should only
> > be availible in browser mode.
> >

> Just to avoid any duplicate work, I've got this implemented. I'll file
> the patch against bugzilla later on tonight.
>
> I also noticed a bug regarding this functionality in the desktop's
> context menu? Is that something that should also be reimplemented? If
> so, should it always open a navigation window or default to spatial and
> just use the use_browser pref?

I'm not sure what such a menu item would do unless you're in
always_use_browser mode. You can't really open a "new window" in spatial
mode. You can only open folders. Folder == window.

> > * context menu poped up by keyboard appear at mouse pointer
> > If you select a file and bring up the context menu (using ctrl-F10)
> > the menu pops up at the current mouse position, not the location of
> > the icon. This is distracting when you're using keyboard navigation,
> > and the mouse cursor could be anywhere.
> >

> How should this work with regard to multiple icons being selected, or
> the selected icons being offscreen? Does popping the menu up over the
> first visible icon and possibly scrolling to the nearest one first make
> the most sense?

These are pretty uncommon situations. I don't think scrolling in this
case is called for, but pretty much any sane fallback method will be ok.
For instance, first visible icon in window, or use mouse cursor position
if none is visible.

                   alexl redhat com    alla lysator liu se
He's a globe-trotting drug-addicted romance novelist for the 21st century.
She's a virginal tempestuous hooker from beyond the grave. They fight crime!