nautilus-vcs

Hi

I recently wanted to add Subversion support to nautilus-vcs. I thought
it would be fairly straight forward because nautilus-vcs is well
designed :)... unfortunate i recognized that almost everything is
defined in the nautilus-cvs* classes (e.g. the vcs actions) and
therefore is not abstracted for other vcs systems.

The last real change took place some when in April of this year. Whats
the status of this project? Is someone hacking on it? Has someone huge
local changes?

I really would like to add svn support but i think that nautilus-vcs
needs to be redesigned a little to be really generic in vcs usage.

Perhaps i'm simply to dumb to understand what Nat meant in this
project... correct me if this is the case :).

My idea would be to let the vcs implementations be a kind of plug-ins
inside the plug-in: nautilus-vcs initializes all the other classes, they
tell nautilus-vcs how to recognize a bla vcs directory/file and
nautilus-vcs calls the respective class if such a dir is found. All vcs
actions should be defined in nautilus-vcs (or separate) and be
implemented in the vcs classes.

RFC

cheers,
Raffaele