Re: Come fix bugs! (Batteries included)

On Tue, 2004-10-12 at 20:12 +0200, Danny Milosavljevic wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Am Montag, den 11.10.2004, 12:41 +0200 schrieb Alexander Larsson:
> > [...]
> > >
> > > did that, are 300 ms ok ?  (attached, fm-tree-view.diff)
> >
> > Hmm. Its a bit to short for me when navigating with the keyboard. It
> > only triggers when i hold down the key. Also, having a delay when
> > selecting by using the mouse seems wrong to me. The delay should only be
> > when the keyboard was used.
>
> Yeah, attached with changes.
> Do we want to depend the delay on the keyboard repeat rate ?
> (seems to be gconf /desktop/gnome/peripherals/keyboard/rate)
>
> If so, how is the relation factor ?

Actually I changed it back to 300, my system was a bit hosed when i
tested last time so my testing was a bit busted. Depending on the
keyboard rate seems a bit overengineered to me, but might be right. :)

Anyway, patch commited.

> > > Yes, but it is hard to fix. I tried it in one of my other apps and what
> > > I did was basically,
> > >
> > > Really ugly. I hesitate to clobber nautilus up with that ;)
> >
> > It can't be that hard to do. Just look at the type of the event that
> > lead to the popup. Ideally, we want clean simple code, but the most
> > important thing is the user interaction behaviour. If we have to add a
> > (small, localized, commented) hack to be able to implement it, thats
> > fine.
>
> Well as there seems to be a function to get the selection's coordinates
> I'd like to try. Cant find the gtk_menu_popup call however. Help ? :)

Start from fm_directory_view_pop_up_selection_context_menu(). It gets
all complicated with bonoboui stuff though. :(

> > > did that, attached nautilus-directory-async.diff
> >
> > +	if (!file_info)
> > +		return;
> >
> > We use brackets around one-liners too. See docs/style-guide.html.
> >
> > +	/* FIXME check flags for GNOME_VFS_FILE_FLAGS_SYMLINK too ? */
> > Checking for == GNOME_VFS_FILE_TYPE_REGULAR should be ok since we don't
> > pass GNOME_VFS_FILE_INFO_FOLLOW_LINKS.
> >
> > +	/* or GNOME_VFS_FILE_FLAGS_LOCAL */
> > Non-local .hidden files sound ok to me.
> >
> > +	file_ok = (
> > +		(file_info->valid_fields
> > +	& (GNOME_VFS_FILE_INFO_FIELDS_TYPE |
> > GNOME_VFS_FILE_INFO_FIELDS_SIZE))
> > +	== (GNOME_VFS_FILE_INFO_FIELDS_TYPE | GNOME_VFS_FILE_INFO_FIELDS_SIZE)
> > +	)
> > +	&& (file_info->type == GNOME_VFS_FILE_TYPE_REGULAR)
> > +	&& (file_info->size > 0);
>
> Attached with changes.

Commited with some changes (you still looked for
GNOME_VFS_FILE_INFO_FIELDS_SIZE).

                   alexl redhat com    alla lysator liu se
He's a sword-wielding vegetarian matador on a search for his missing sister.
She's a mentally unstable insomniac magician's assistant who believes she is
the reincarnation of an ancient Egyptian queen. They fight crime!