Re: POSIX ACL Support in Nautilus

On Sat, 2004-10-16 at 00:24 +0300, Ionut Cotoi wrote:

> Trying to do a prototype of this permissions page seems to be a little
> harder than I thought so I need your help on this, any suggestions
> (preferably good) appreciated :).
> If I put the permissions like in the File owner chooser on top of the
> page
>
> Username  []Read []Write []Execute
>
> There will be a problem if the username is big, also ... should I
> display the username, or the Name Surname of the user or Both ?, if
> I'll display both... than things will become pretty nasty, because if
> I display the Read/Write/Exec flags as Check Buttons, I will need to
> add a horizontal scrollbar to the treeview... which doesn't look nice,
> or make the window bigger so I can display both the Full
> Username/User-Surname/Both + The Permissions Check Buttons without the
> scrollbar. So please advice, Alex ?

I don't have time to help out with this at the moment, since I'm very
busy with finalizing fedora core 3 (and RHEL4).

                   alexl redhat com    alla lysator liu se
He's an immortal arachnophobic master criminal haunted by an iconic dead
American confidante She's a time-travelling mutant doctor in the wrong place
at the wrong time. They fight crime!