Re: another tree view thing

David Christian Berg wrote:
On Di, 2004-10-26 at 15:25 +0200, John Keller wrote:

Alexander Larsson wrote:
> On Thu, 2004-10-21 at 14:43 +0200, David Christian Berg wrote:
>
>>Well, playing around with the treeview to reproduce this opening
>>home-tree bug, I noticed something else:
>>You can't expand and right away collaps a tree without moving the mouse.
>>What happens even when you're clicking the expander is that the item
>>gets selected and the shown folder changes. if you just move your mouse
>>by a pixel you are fine. The expander doesn't prelight until the new
>>movement either, so maybe it rather is a gtk bug than a Nautilus bug, or
>>maybe it is on purpose?
>

> This doesn't happen to me. Expanding doesn't select the item.

Perhaps a theme problem? Maybe you're each using a different theme?

For sure we are :) but I can't see, how it could be a theme problem.
Maybe different versions of gtk though.

I was thinking of the alignment of the graphic elements, or perhaps even their active clickable areas. I only have have experience modifying pre-existing themes (not creating them), but I'd guess that it'd be possible to create one with very small and subtle errors that could cause this kind of problem.

Maybe if you both tried it with the other's theme, you'd know for sure if it was Nautilus or theme code.

Just an idea...

- John