Re: lock desktop icons

On Tue, 2004-09-21 at 16:06, Glenn Pierce wrote:
> Hi
>
> I was wondering if there would be any interest in locking desktop
> items ?
>
> The main motivation for this would be so I could lock application
> icons and home / trash. This would mean I could apply clean up by name
> while not reordering the application icons that I have manually moved.
>

> I am happy to try to and implement this, I just wanted to make sure that
> it wouldn't be rejected as a completely stupid idea.

I would love to see this happen.

I would also like to see some way of preventing icons from being placed
on top of each other. I'm certain everyone's had to deal with mounting a
device only to have the desktop icon placed right on top of another icon
making for a very unfriendly desktop.

Not that my opinion matters much in this arena[0] I will at least say
that I think what you intend is a good idea and certainly not stupid.

~kck

[0] I'm neither a nautilus or gnome developer

--
Kevin C. Krinke <kckrinke opendoorsoftware com>
Open Door Software Inc.