Nautilus-media 2.10 won't compile, and libnautilus.pc doesn't exist!

Hi! I'm trying to compile gnome on an mdk 10.1 system. I already compiled
nautilus and installed it, and now am going to nautilus media. The configure
fails when it checks to see if the libnautilus.pc file is
in /usr/lib/pkgconfig. I checked and it isn't there. The nautilus source
doesn't even have a libnautilus.pc or even a libnautilus.pc.in. The source
does, however, have a two folders named libnautilus-extention and
libnautilus-private. They don't have libnautilus.pc, either. Is it a version
compatability error? I got it all from the same folder from gnome.org.
Thanks!
-Steven