Re: feature request: tabs

On Tue, 2005-05-04 at 17:21 -0400, Erik Knight wrote:
> Hey everyone,
>
> I'm just a nautilus user not a developer or anything. I have one
> feature request that would make the nautilus UI more powerful in my
> opinion.
>
> Imagine if Nautilus had a tabbing system similar to mozilla. That way
> you only need a single nautilus window open but you could have tabs to
> several different locations.
>
> Obviously if the keyboard shortcuts matched mozillas defaults that
> would be a nice bonus.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Erik

I'm not too sure, but I think that would entirely destroy the metaphor
for spatial and be more than just a little bit confusing for browser
mode (you'd have a whale of a time syncing the sidebar tree view with
the tabs).

That said I really liked Jamie's breadbox patch, shame it was never
accepted.

Cheers,
Ryan