Better looking thumbnails

This was just an idea I had the other day. I would submit a request against bugzilla, but I don't know what module to file that against...thumbs for movies get generated by Totem, but what about images. Is it handled by Nautilus or gThumb, EOG?

Since I'm generating noise anyway, I might aswell sell my idea on the mailing list. Just some eyecandy to make thumbnails for images feel a bit lighter and more pleasant for the eye to rest on.
Just a border like good looking photos have and 1px extra shadow.

This is what thumbnails currently look like (in 2.8) http://ramnet.se/~nisse/diverse/temp/currentthumbs.png
This is my mockup: http://ramnet.se/~nisse/diverse/temp/eyecandythumbs.png

I will provide nessesary graphics if it is needed.
- Andreas