Re: Spatial Mode Window Cluttering and Possible Solutions

On Mon, 2005-04-18 at 10:41 +0300, Kalle Vahlman wrote:
> On 4/18/05, Yuan Qi <gmanenews 3 maxchee spamgourmet com> wrote:
> > Nautilus spatial is a very user friendly way to navigate files, however, it
> > creates window clutter for users who use deep folder trees.
>
> I am still wondering how much the "window clutter" really troubles
> people, from an efficiency point of view.

It shouldn't take much of a Google search to find out just how much it
troubles people.  The answer is, "a LOT".

> I do know that lots of
> people complain that they get lost in folders if there is many of them
> on the screen, but I bet most of them manage to work with other apps
> opening multiple windows (or, who can truly claim that he has only one
> browser window open at any time?).

I use multiple windows for certain applications, certainly for browsing.
But I am in control of how many windows get opened, and when.  Note that
popularity of tabbed browsing.

Raul