Re: Nautilus document viewer

Am Dienstag, den 02.08.2005, 13:31 +0200 schrieb Paul van der Vlis:
> For my customer is viewing documents from Nautilus very important. (...)
> This is based on the Bonobo emdeddable interface, and I am not sure this
> has future. Has it?

The Nautilus view bonobo interface was removed in Nautilus 2.10 and
nothing will ever replace it. It was decided that viewing documents is
just not the file manager's job. If you're looking for a pure pdf/ps/ppt
viewer, you should take a look at Evince [1], which does an excellent
job at it. There is just no reason to abuse the file manager as window
manager replacement.
Maybe you could explain why exaclty you need this functionality?

[1] http://www.gnome.org/projects/evince/

--
Christian Neumair <chris gnome-de org>