Re: [patch] Add a timestamp to metafiles

On 8/9/05, Christian Neumair <chris gnome-de org> wrote:
> Joe: We should really make a plan on how beagle and nautilus should
> integrate for 2.14, specifically wrt indexing/metadata. Are there any
> docs online explaining what beagle does when indexing and where it keeps
> around its metadata? Maybe it's time for a shared lib

[snip]

A shared library for metadata - yes please! I think such a library
could be used to improve many applications...

http://mail.gnome.org/archives/nautilus-list/2005-April/msg00115.html

And now when I think about it more, such a library could be used by
even more applications. Maybe handling saving/restoring/ageing mixer
settings associated with soundcards (ie my USB headset)... Or maybe
storing DHCP lease data.

/ magnus