Re: new patterns

On Thu, 2005-08-18 at 14:47 +0200, Andreas Nilsson wrote:
> I felt like drawing some nicer patterns for Nautilus the other day.
> The current ones makes my eyes to bleed a bit, so I hope you'll all like
> my improvements.
>
> http://ramnet.se/~nisse/diverse/temp/patterns/
>
> I chatted a bit with Thomas Wood, maintainer of the gnome-backgrounds
> module, about putting them there and to let Nautilus have all it's
> backgrounds and patterns there instead. This would mean that all your
> backgrounds would be in one place and it would give distros an easier
> time customizing the artwork aswell.

I agree that it would be nice if we had a common place for patterns.
However, i'm somewhat afraid that many people will not install
gnome-background, since its not very used atm (i think) and quite large
due to the non-tiled backgrounds in it. Due to the size of it you
clearly don't want nautilus to depend on it, but if you don't there is a
risk that many users of nautilus don't get any patterns.

Is gnome-backgrounds in the gnome desktop release?

                   alexl redhat com    alla lysator liu se
He's an oversexed misogynist dwarf living undercover at Ringling Bros. Circus.
She's a sharp-shooting communist angel with an evil twin sister. They fight
crime!