Re: Nautilus FTP errors

On Mon, 2005-08-29 at 12:44 -0400, Todd Chambery wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Using Connect to server...->FTP (with Login), I frequently get
> failures when connecting to a remote directory.  The error message
> shown is:
>
> The folder contents could not be displayed.  Sorry, couldn't display
> all the contents of ftp://xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx.
>
> The problem is, I am able connect to the same server using gFTP, ncftp
> or from Filezilla in Windows.  I get a similarly opaque message when,
> after a connection is established, I am unable to copy from local to
> remote.  In this case also, I am able to put files using external
> clients.
>
> Is there a way to get Nautilus to display more detailed error information?

This really sounds like a gnome-vfs issue. Maybe you could try the
various lowlevel gnome-vfs utils like gnomevfs-ls and see what errors
they return.

                   alexl redhat com    alla lysator liu se
He's an all-American umbrella-wielding astronaut searching for his wife's true
killer. She's a high-kicking communist fairy princess descended from a line of
powerful witches. They fight crime!