Re: nautilus keeps listing files in smb shares

To clarify the scale of this situation I am talking about at least 20KB/sec and upto 50KB/sec *steady* network activity with absolutely no program running at the client. (For a small network with 20 clients this would mean 1MB/sec for the server i.e. more than 10% of the available bandwidth just because the clients are switched-on)

Nick Demou (enLogic) wrote:
In my ubuntu/gnome setup I have mounted some samba shares via smbmount. From that moment on whenever I start X, activity on my network starts and it never stops until I shutdown X. If I kill-all nautilus then activity stops for a second and restarts as soon as nautilus restarts. I know very little about the smb protocol but from a quick look at an ethereal capture it seems that nautilus keeps listing the contents of my samba shares...kind of anoying

Has anybody else noticed anything like this?