Re: bypass trash delete command

On Mon, 2005-10-31 at 02:33 +0100, Sven Jaborek wrote:
> If we are talking about the trash, there are much things that could be
> improved.
>
> firstly i think its not ok that the trash icon only has two maps,
> empty/clean and full/overfilled. It turns from empty to full, just by
> doing: echo "foo" > ~/.Trash/nothing
> We all know what mother told us when our trash can looked like this ;-)
> We learned that "clean" is better than "full" in case of trash, we never
> used trash like "lets leave a bit in there for insurance". This all
> makes me think that a trash can is perhaps the wrong symbol for the
> system, but i have no idea what could be better.

This has been discussed before, but I don't think this discussion ever
came to a conclusion. I just searched whether or not there is a open RFE
about this. Couldn't find one. How about opening one? I strongly feel
this makes sense, because a completely full trash urges the user to
empty it, which is not really the desired effect.

David