Workspace changing

Hi!

I'm not a list subscriber, so please Cc replies to me.

I noticed that in Gnome 2.10 (maybe earlier, but in that case I didn't
notice), if you have a nautilus window open for a certain directory on
one workspace, and try to open that same directory on another workspace,
nautilus seems to tell the window manager to change workspace. This is
quite disrupting, as it moves you from one workspace to another while
you may just want to continue working where you were.

Is it possible to configure nautilus to instead tell the window manager
to move that existing window to the new workspace instead. I've been
browsing the options, but I haven't found anything regarding that, so is
it already possible, or would it require patching nautilus?

Thanks for your attention!

Fredrik Tolf