Re: Viewable Root Window

Le mardi 19 juillet 2005 �0:17 +0200, Esben Stien a �it :
> Julien Olivier <julo altern org> writes:
>
> > You can prevent nautilus from drawing the rootwin
>
> As I said, I want to keep nautilus in control of the desktop

Oh sorry, I misread your email.

Then I think the best solution is to call a script regularly, which will
generate the wallpaper picture (using mplayer or whatever), and set
nautilus' wallpaper's path to this newly generated wallpaper using
gconftool (gconftool -t string
-s /desktop/gnome/background/picture_filename PATH_TO_YOUR_WALLPAPER).
I'm pretty sure I've read emails explaining how to do it on one the
gnome mailing lists...

--
Julien Olivier <julo altern org>