Re: Progress dialogs patch

On Sat, 2005-03-26 at 19:33 +0100, Sebastien Estienne wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I was wondering if we really need to have this kind of progress bar
> dialog that stay in the middle of the screen during the
> copying/moving/deleting task.
>
> I think we could have something new:
> When we start a copying/moving/deleting task, a little icon would
> appear in the tray bar, a small pop up (like msn pop ups for new
> message) would say that the tasked started ok, and then disappear till
> the task is finished, a another popup would come to say that it works
> ok or failed.
>
> We could access and see/cancel the status of current task by clicking
> on the icon in the tray bar.
>
> what do you think of this idea?

Hey guys:

As a user, I like it... sounds very reasonable.
If it is integrated, the code should be made available for other
projects (e.g. for downloading in galeon) as well, or maybe it should be
implemented on a gnome-wide basis, since there have been discussions for
introducing toasters for non-crucial error messages and the such.

Take care!

David