CD burner burns bad CDs

Hi! I use Mandrake 10.1, gnome 2.10.0, and cdrecord-dvd (patched by mandrake) 2.01. I downloaded the Mandriva 2005LE cds, and used nautilus to burn them. It says that they were fine, but the very end of large cds (about 700 mb) are bad.When copying them, it is 9x %, when it fails. Md5sum checks fail at 9x %, too. The actual files that are reported as bad are the ones that I suspect are burned last, like xorg and xine rpms for example. K3B does it to, so I am wondering if it is nautilus cd-burner, cdrecord, the media, 2.6 kernel, or the hardware. Thanks!