AW: Nautilus Desktopdir machine based

 >>Am Freitag, den 14.10.2005, 16:27 +0200 schrieb Obenhuber, Felix:
>> Hi all,
>>
>> I need to set the nautilus desktop dir depening on the hostname (e.g.
>> $HOSTNAME) nautilus ist running on. I know that's theres a way to set

>> it on the homedir...
>> Are there some kind of env variables or (undocumented ;) ) gconf
keys?
>> Didn't find anything arround...

>I think Nautilus always uses g_get_home_dir () for determining the
user's home directory, which is a wrapper around getenv ("HOME");

Think I should be more precise:

I've got three Machines and one user logged in 99% of the time. The
users home is an nfs share. I'd like to do somethink like that:
$HOME/Desktop_machineA
$HOME/Desktop_machineB
Depending on the hostname the desktopdir is selected and mapped within
nautilus. I want to place shortcuts e.g Telnet on the desk whitch are
spezific to every hosts.
Placing all shortcuts on the desk might be a solution but thats not the
elegant way.
I thougt about using drawler or pannels, but I don't like to change
something on the actual layout (until 1 week ago the user had a local
home...).

Cheers
Felix