Re: use of deprecated macros

On Mon, 2006-12-11 at 12:58 -0200, P. Henrique Silva wrote:
> Hi guys,
>
> I got some problems building GNOME head a few days ago and noticed
> that was because libbonoboui was using some libgnome deprecated macros
> and was using GNOME_DISABLE_DEPRECATED (this was fixed) [1]. After
> this I started looking at some GNOME modules to see if many other use
> these macros too.
>
> Nautilus use a few libgnome and eel deprecated macros.
>
> I removed the dependency of libgnome deprecated macros on libbonoboui
> [1] and I am considering about do the same on nautilus.
>
> Is this achievable and worth enough?

Its certainly achievable, although its mostly boring grunt-work. Is it
worth it? I don't know, it depends on what you'd spend that time on
otherwise. I don't personally plan to spend time on it, but I'd gladly
help someone else do it, as its a nice clean-up of the code.

> EEL_CALL_PARENT doesn't have a glib equivalent. The discussion in [2]
> suggest that this is a readability question, so opinions could be
> diverse.

For now, we could keep EEL_CALL_PARENT, but make it work with the glib
macros.

                   alexl redhat com    alla lysator liu se
He's a hate-fuelled dishevelled shaman haunted by memories of 'Nam. She's a
scantily clad wisecracking cab driver living on borrowed time. They fight
crime!