Choose the temp directory for burning DVDs

Hi,

I sometimes had a problem when trying to burn DVDs with nautilus. When the size of the datas to burn exceed the free space left on my root partition, a error message tells me there is not enough free space to store the temporary disk image.

On my own computer, I solved this by mounting a dedicated partition on /tmp, but this solution is not always applicable and I am looking for an easier one.

How could I tell to nautilus where to store the temporary disk image ?

Thank you for your help
Lilian