Re: Nautilus-actions, Nautilus-scripts and Nautilus Extensions

[Snip]

> Option 1)
> Add an additional tab in the Nautilus preferencs. This tab contains a
> listbox listing the installed nautilus extensions AND scripts (but
> making no visual distinction between the two). Each extension/script
> can be enabled via a checkbox. There is also Add, Remove, and
> Configure buttons.
>
> The configure button is enabled for all extensions that implement the
> (new) NautilusConfigureExtension interface and provides a way to
> prevent nautilus extensions needing their own seperate configuration
> tool like nautilus-actions currenlty does.

This is a great news that I'm happy to learn. In which version of
nautilus was it implemented ? 2.14 ?

Unfortunatley I should have been more clear. I am suggesting that this feature (interface) should be provided and am offering to implement it if people are supportave, and it is possible.

As the maintainer of n-a It is good to see that you like the idea!

I don't have a lot of time to give to Nautilus-actions at the moment,
but I would be glad to help you implement this in n-a.

Thanks I will advise when I have recieved comment from some more nautilus devs!

[Snip]

For my part, both options is ok for me. The most it is integrated, the
best is it for the final users.

Thats what I am hoping for! A better and less cluttered experience for end users.

John