Re: Nautilus integration with SELinux

On Sat, 2006-02-25 at 19:20 -0500, Ivan Gyurdiev wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Red Hat would like to improve integration between SELinux and Nautilus.
> We would like to have nautilus display, and allow the user to modify
> SELinux related security properties of files and directories. I wanted
> to get some feedback and suggestions on a possible UI for this. The
> current permissions tab looks cluttered, and I'm not sure what's the
> best way to add selinux support to it. Should we have a new tab for
> this? What should it look like?

There has been some discussions recently on totally changing the
permissions tab UI. See the mailing list. I think this makes sense, as
the current UI really isn't that great. As part of that we'll probably
have some sort of "advanced" permissions dialog (or page/whatever),
where selinux widgets would probably fit better.

Anyway, we're nearing the end of the current release cycle for gnome
2.14, so we're pretty busy with that. Selinux and permission ui redesign
is gonna have to wait a bit.

                   alexl redhat com    alla lysator liu se
He's a superhumanly strong coffee-fuelled astronaut searching for his wife's
true killer. She's an orphaned gold-digging single mother who inherited a
spooky stately manor from her late maiden aunt. They fight crime!