Re: Newbie needs help

Am Montag, den 02.01.2006, 23:46 +0100 schrieb Alexander Nagel:
> Am Mon, 02 Jan 2006 17:20:44 +0100 schrieb Christian Neumair:
> >
> > http://primates.ximian.com/~dave/log/2003/Nov/29
>
> Thanks for the link, but it helps not really. Only some basics i already
> know.
>
> > provides a short introduction. In short, you'll have to write a small
> > module (basically a shared library offering some particular functions)
> > and implement at least one of the provider interfaces. The library will
> > be put into $prefix/lib/nautilus/extensions-1.0 and Nautilus will
> > automatically use all the installed extensions on startup using
> > g_module_open.
> >
> > I'm sorry that there are no decent docs available, and I encourage you
> > to write them, maybe including skeleton tarballs :).
>
> Leichter gesagt als getan...
> greets
> Alex

The module nautilus-open-terminal contains an extension I wrote for
opening a terminal in arbitrary directories. It only uses the menu
providers, but it should give you an idea how plugins typically look
like. Feel free to ask more concrete questions as they arise.

--
Christian Neumair <chris gnome-de org>