Re: special mime handling

Package handling to me demonstrates the joys of having a file system that permits multiple (and ideally to all intents and purposes arbitrarily many) hard links to a given file.

Every time I install a package the new package contains hard links to prerequisite packages.  As long as a package is required by others it has at least one hard link pointing to it, so it won't be deleted.  It does most but not all of the work required to keep my list of packages to a minimum.

A soft link is a reference.  A hard link is a raison l'existence.

My twopennyworth.

Regards, Max