Nautilus remote previews

Hi,

I have remote drives mounted via NFS/SMB/etc on my laptops, and due to
these remote directories being mounted, nautilus thinks they are local,
and tries to generate previews for everything (very much not fun over a
256kbit or 512kbit uplink).

Anyone know if there is a gconf setting or some way to get nautilus to
be smarter about this and detect remote directories automatically (ie.
partition not local, so therefore remote, then don't show preview)?

Or at the least, a way to manually disable previews on a per-directory
basis?

Any ideas are appreciated.