Re: Nautilus integration with SELinux

On Wed, 2006-03-01 at 07:54 -0500, Ivan Gyurdiev wrote:
> I disagree with the second comment - there are plenty of reasons why I
> might want to change the permissions on a file, other than "it broke".
> If I want to share a document in any way with other people, it will need
> the proper permission settings. If I want to restrict the way in which a
> document is used above the current umask, I will need to change the
> permissions.  I suspect there are classes of users who are very
> conscious of permissions and document security, and it would be wrong to
> generalize that "users don't care about permissions".
Exactly. I can't imagine a company that doesn't make use of it.
And the lack of ACL support in Nautilus is a real pain. People need to
use Windows (to connect via samba) to have a GUI for ACLs. And command
line is really no option for them.

I suppose hidding some rights is a "wonderful" idea similiar to Windows
"hide extensions" by default.

Regards,

Olaf
--