nautilus is not working anymore

Hi,

I've been trying to get my nautilus working again since it is broken.
As root I cannot start the file browser. Right mouse on the desktop also
doesn't work. Things were going wrong when I tried to add eclipse to my
task panel. I wanted to browse for the executable, but the window hang.
I had to force a quit on it. After that nautilus refused it's job.
Each time I start nautilus, I get a sleeping process added to my ps
list.
Working as a normal user nautilus works fine.
Using Fedora Core 3, nautilus-2.8.1-4
Is there anyway to repair this?

Thanks for your time,
Jeroen