Re: Help for the file properties dialog

--- Alexander Larsson <alexl redhat com> wrote:

> On Sat, 2006-03-18 at 12:53 +0000, Joachim Noreiko
> wrote:
> > 1. make the Help button go to different sections
> for
> > each tab
> > 2. make the Help button go to a general
> "properties
> > dialog" section with links to sections about each
> tab.
> I think 2 is best, because things get complicated
> with extension that
> add their own tabs.

Fair enough.

If anyone could help me with the following, it would
make writing the docs easier for me :)

* is there a list of all the labels, eg in source
somewhere, so I don't have to type them up again?
Could someone point me to it?
* the fields in the Basics tab changes for files,
folders, links, mounted volumes etc. Could someone
give me a list of the different types, and explain
briefly which labels are added for which types? I
probably don't need to cover every last detail of this
in the UG, but are there any features of particular
interest?
* What does the Notes tab do? Is the text there used
for file searches, for example?
* Is there a way to edit existing "open with" actions?

Anything else you think the user should know about the
properties dialog would be useful.

Joachim