The management of thrash on an usb pen

Hi list,
I have a question, maybe already answered, but I didn't find a useful
answer.

Why, when I'm trashing something directly inside a usb stick using the
"move to thrash" way, nautilus create a .Thrash directory inside the usb
stick ?

It has to move the thrashed files to the .Trash on the computer, or
better it has to warning that there is not possibility to move this
files to thrash and that they are going to be erased from the system.

I think it is quite useless to create a .Thrash inside the usb device
for two reason:

1) It is an hidden directory and only power user can find it to delete
with the delete function of nautilus after he/she has enabled through
gconf-editor (...)

2) It takes space on the usb, that is what maybe I need, if I'm going to
delete something.

Maybe there is a good reason for manage that thing in this way, but I
can't figured out which, so I'm asking here.

Regards, Michele