#96239 Implementing a "Column view"

Hello everybody !

I want to contribute to Nautilus project. I'm about to implement Mac
OS X Finder's "column view". There is already a bug for this (#96239).
However, before starting this work, I wanna know what do you think
about "Column view". Do you think implementing it would be a good idea
? If not, why ?

For the ones who don't know what is the "column view" (which is
usually the case with Linux users :) , With the column view, the file
manager show all the files of the current directory in a column. In a
column on the left, it shows the parent directory, and on the left
again, the parent parent directory... until the root directory. Parent
directories are often hidden on the left and a scrollbar let you see
them. When you select a sub-directory, its content appear in a column
on the right. If you select a file in a parent directory, then the
current directory column disappear. So you easily navigate in the file
system.
I have found a demostration of "column view" with Finder :
http://www.glnd.k12.va.us/resources/OSX_Jag_Movies/column_view.mov

Give me your opinion. Thanx for reading :)