Re: why not include "empty trash" and "eject device" buttons

Hi,

On Fri, 2006-09-15 at 20:02 -0700, Adam B wrote:
> Both sound like good usability features for users that are just
> starting out with gnome.  However, as a user that has gone through the
> learning curve, I would prefer to keep the screen real estate.
I don't think it's necessary to have it optional.  When people go to the
trash the most common task is to empty it.  Even with power users they
need to make two clicks to empty the trash (because there is no hotkey).

> Perhaps it should be a preference, (default to on), or something that
> only shows up in spatial mode?
>
> As a side note: While studying the current behavior I noticed that
> "Empty Trash" is always present on the File menu.  This seems bit
> wrong.  Shouldn't this be context aware (only present when viewing the
> trash folder)?

Yes it would probably be better if it was hidden if not in the trash
path.  The reason for this is there are many special URIs.  Such as
burning a CD, trash, search.  All the other special URIs only show the
actions when the user is in the appropriate location.