Re: Nautilus thumbnail creation SLOW. gThumb does a much faster job.

One more problem in thumbnail generation code of nautilus.
When downloading a movie clip, I left the nautilus open for that directory. Movie is 70 % done almost. Nautilus shows thumbnail, then again removes it, refreshes to new thumbnail and shows the current. This loop continues.
Since the nautilus thumbnail generation code checks the MTIME and then if find changes, it again regenrated the thumb removing the old one.
Cannt be there some workaround to fix it.

I am thinking over this, what else than MTIME can nautilus depend, to check the validity of thumbnails generated.

--
-=Ravi=-