Re: sporadic multiple nautilus windows at login

On Tue, 2007-04-10 at 23:46 -0400, Alex wrote:
> Note: I'm not sure what component of gnome may be causing this issue.
> Let me know if I need to be elsewhere.
>
> I'm using Ubuntu 6.10 which uses GNOME 2.16. Sometimes when I log into
> the GNOME desktop, a whole slew of random nautilus windows appear for no
> apparent reason.  The number of windows can vary, and is typically
> between three and six.  Also, this is usually accompanied by a failure
> to display my chosen desktop background and desktop icons. If I log out
> and then back in again, the problem goes away, only to return on a
> future login.
>
> The summary above is paraphrased from another user who I know is
> experiencing this behavior as well.  Here is our discussion:
>
> http://gnomesupport.org/forums/viewtopic.php?p=56109#56109
>
> If someone could provide assistance as to how to debug this, it would be
> highly appreciated.

Can you try nautilus 2.16.2? It has some changes in how bonobo is used
to spawn nautilus. It might fix this issue.

                   alexl redhat com    alla lysator liu se
He's a time-tossed Republican senator on a search for his missing sister.
She's an enchanted gypsy bounty hunter on her way to prison for a murder she
didn't commit. They fight crime!